We harness creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands that drive value for clients and touch lives around the world.
We use data and insights to reimagine the customer experience. We create work that brings our brands closer to consumers, consumers closer to communities, and communities closer to the wider world. How we create connected customer and brand experiences happens through a variety of disciplines and capabilities spanning the entire agency.
Creating connections and utilizing culture and technology is imperative, no matter the product or target. Breakthrough connected brands expect truly integrated multichannel, multi-audience strategies built on a deep understanding of behavior in our increasingly connected world. This is the foundation of a connected brand experience.
Taking that a step further, sometimes HOW a product is used is more important than the product itself. We deliver experience innovation specializing in the exploration, design and execution of digital experiences, products and services that amplify the meaning of a connected brand and business, ultimately delivering on the full customer experience.
A rare mix of awards & recognition
We are proud of the mix of our recent awards. This combination of creative and technology awards is a rare, if not unheard of, mix of accolades for one agency.
We are also proud of the steps our agency is taking to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for all. We recently created the VMLY&R Diversity, Equity & Inclusion council, and we are one of just two agencies to become 3% Certified, a designation for agencies promoting gender equality.
EXPLORE ALL OF OUR AWARDS
Click on a tab below to select your region of interest and see a full list of awards.
- Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies: VMLY&R was named one of the world’s 10 most innovative advertising companies.
- In the annual WARC Creative 100 ranking, VMLY&R ranked in the top 10 world’s most awarded networks for creativity.
- Among the most creative agencies in the world, the Kansas City office placed 18th and VMLY&R Poland ranked 31st.
- Keeping Fortnite Fresh by Wendy’s and VMLY&R Kansas City was ranked among the top 10 world’s most awarded campaigns for creativity. Wendy’s ranked 14th on the list of Top Brands.
- The Last Ever Issue by VMLY&R Poland ranked 12th among all last year’s campaigns awarded at world festivals.
- VMLY&R was recognized as a top 10 most awarded network in The Drum’s first installment of its World Creative Rankings.
- Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2020: Honorable mention in the social justice category for Next Minute law. Meanwhile, “The Last Ever Issue” is a finalist in the advertising category.
- "The Last Ever Issue," was awarded Best in Show — or GRANDY — at the Ad Club’s 56th International ANDY Awards.
- New York Festivals announced the winners of its Advertising Awards with incredible representation from Scholz & Friends and VMLY&R. A total of 27 awards were presented to our agencies.
- Medical, Marketing and Media (MM&M) announced VMLY&R is one of the top 20 healthcare marketing agencies in North America.
- During Lions Live, VMLY&R celebrated winning the No. 4 Network of the Decade. This is the first time in Cannes Lions’ history that data from across 10 years has been used to compile a global rankings and benchmarking report. Five VMLY&R offices were also named top 10 Regional Agency of the Decade, including:
- Dubai — ranked No. 1 in the Middle East and Africa
- São Paulo — ranked No. 3 in Latin America
- Santiago — ranked No. 6 in Latin America
- Melbourne — ranked No. 6 in Pacific
- Cape Town — ranked No. 10 in Middle East and Africa
- VMLY&R earned eight awards in the recent PHNX Tribute competition organized by AdForum.
- “It’s Everyone’s Journey” by VMLY&R London for the Department of Transport was awarded a bronze in the Film: Best Use of Music and Film: Animation categories
- “Smile Strong” by VMLY&R Dubai for Colgate-Palmolive was awarded a silver in the Print: Advertising Photography category
- “The Last Ever Issue” by VMLY&R Poland for Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas and Mastercard was awarded a bronze in the Print: Press category
- “Natural Disasters in Syria” by VMLY&R Chile for Amnesty International was awarded a silver in the Print: Press and Print: Outdoor categories
- “Fake Profile” by VMLY&R Mexico for Telefónica Movistar was awarded a gold, silver and bronze in the Print: Advertising category
- “Pawn Stars” by VMLY&R Mexico for A+E Networks was awarded a bronze in the Print: Press category
- VMLY&R was one of four WPP agencies contributing to the Forrester Adobe Implementation Services Provider Wave submission. This was the first Adobe evaluation Forrester has conducted. WPP received the highest scores possible in 12 criteria, including strong partner ecosystem, Americas presence, EMEA presence, and Asian Pacific presence, as well as “number of Adobe clients,” Marketo Engage Capabilities, Adobe Commerce Cloud/Magento Capabilities, Adobe Advertising Cloud Capabilities, and Operations Capabilities.
- VMLY&R has achieved a first-of-its-kind global industry achievement with 100 team members achieving Forrester’s CX Pro Certification. The vast majority of VMLY&R North America’s CX leaders at director level and above — including key heads of CX strategy, CX design, tech, commerce, and practice leadership — have attained this certification milestone.
- Creativepool 2020 Top 100 Influencers — Four leaders from across the VMLY&R global network have been honored on the list, including:
- Jake Barrow, executive creative director, VMLY&R Melbourne
- Harsh Kapadia, executive creative director, VMLY&R New York
- Francesco Poletti, executive creative director, VMLY&R Italy
- Matthias Spaetgens, chief creative officer, Scholz & Friends
- Additionally, Jordina Carbó, chief creative officer, VMLY&R Barcelona; Kalpesh Patankar, chief creative officer, VMLY&R MENA; and Santiago Olivera, CEO of VMLY&R Buenos Aires were shortlisted for the award. Winners were determined by an online vote of Creativepool readers.
- VMLY&R was named as a finalist in several categories in the Drum Social Buzz Awards.
- “The Year of 14,000 Leads: Beating Our Goal to Drive Recruitment for the U.S. Navy," by VMLY&R Memphis and Atlanta, has been listed as a finalist in the Best Public Sector Social Media Strategy/Campaign category.
- "SUPER WENDY'S WORLD" by VMLY&R Kansas City for Wendy’s, has been listed as a finalist in the Most Effective Use of Group or Community category.
- “Walgreens Graduation,” by Berlin Cameron, VMLY&R and MediaCom has been listed as a finalist in the Best Use of TikTok category.
- Andrew Dimitriou and Jaime Mandelbaum were shortlisted by Campaign as EMEA Agency Head of the Year and Creative Person of the Year, respectively.
- Scholz & Friends was recognized as the most creative German agency by the Art Directors Club of Germany.
- VMLY&R Poland has scored a hat trick, being named Agency of the Year in all three of Poland’s most important advertising contests. The SAR — the Polish Association of Advertising Agencies — organizes three ad contests each year: the Effie Awards Poland for outstanding effectiveness in marketing, the KTR Awards for creativity, and the Innovation Awards for recognition of innovative thinking. The recent June announcement of VMLY&R Poland being named Agency of the Year at the Innovation Awards, combined with earlier Agency of the Year honors at the Effie Awards Poland and the KTR Awards means the office has scored the ultimate recognition trifecta.
- Dariusz Andrian, VMLY&R Poland CEO, has been elected president of SAR — the Polish Association of Marketing Communication.
- VMLY&R Italy recently won two gold and a silver at the NC Awards presented by ADC Group, a major publisher of Italian advertising and marketing news. Work awarded in the NC Awards includes:
- “More than Italian” for Lavazza earned gold in the category of Best Global Campaign with Italian Creativity
- “At Home as at the Bar” for Lavazza A Modo Mio earned gold in the category of Ambient Media
- “At Home as at the Bar” for Lavazza A Modo Mio earned silver in the category of TV/Cinema Campaigns
- VMLY&R Poland won dozens of creative awards in the 1H of 2020 including:
- 1 x Bronze Feather - AdForum PHNX Tribute / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Yellow Pencil D&AD / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Wood Pencil D&AD / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Agency of The Year / Innovation Awards
- 1 x Gold Innovation Award / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Silver Innovation Award / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Gold Innovation Award / Noizz.pl, BNP Paribas (Ark 2.0)
- 1 x Silver Innovation Award / Grupa Zywiec (Heineken Group) (Zywiec Meskie Granie)
- 1 x Gold INMA Global Media Awards / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Silver INMA Global Media Awards / Noizz.pl, BNP Paribas (Ark 2.0)
- 1 x Young Creatives Film (Ada Kamienobrocka & Filip Sliwa)
- 1 x Young Creatives Design (Sylwia Janiszewska & Joanna Komorowska)
- 1 x Grand Prix ANDY Awards / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 4 x Gold ANDY Awards / Gazeta.pl, BNP Paribas, Mastercard (The Last Ever Issue)
- 1 x Result of the Year / Press Magazine
- Media Marketing Poland awarded VMLY&R Poland its prestigious Agency of the Year honors.
- Creativepool — “Mothers Smile Strong” by VMLY&R Dubai received a shortlist in the photography category.
- VMLY&R Hungary was awarded a Bronze Cresta for its work for Walt, a food delivery service, to help combat domestic violence. In Hungary, police do not intervene until things become violent.
- Turkey Effies — Effie 2020 recognized VMLY&R Istanbul with a total of six awards, including two Silver and one Bronze for Vodafone, Silver for Opet, and Bronze for Mavi and Migros.
- Piotr Osinski, regional creative director at VMLY&R Poland, was invited to be a part of a prestigious group of mentors for the D&AD New Blood Academy.
- VMLY&R Melbourne picked up a silver and bronze at the Caples Awards. The office achieved a silver for McDonald's McPickle and a bronze for the ANZAC Half Biscuit. VMLY&R Melbourne also had six shortlists in four different categories, including Defence Force Recruiting, the office's largest client, which received its first shortlist ever.
- Vaidehi Mewawala, copywriter in the Mumbai, India, office of VMLY&R has been named to IMPACT magazine’s Top 30 Under 30.
- VMLY&R ranked among the top 20 in this year’s The Work 2020 by Campaign Brief Asia magazine. The list celebrates the very best advertising in the Asia Pacific region.
- VMLY&R Australia ranked No. 17 Top 20 Performing Agencies
- VMLY&R Melbourne ranked No. 17 Top APAC Agencies
- VMLY&R Australia ranked No. 5 Top Australia Agencies
- Jess Wong Jia Li and Melody Lee Sook Yin were awarded Silver in the Digital category at Young Spikes Malaysia.
- In Campaign Brief’s “The Work 2020” showcase, VMLY&R came roaring in as a top 5 agency in Australia.
- Anna Gunnell, head of planning at VMLY&R New Zealand, was named to Campaign Asia-Pacific’s 2020 Women to Watch.
- Creativepool — “A Future Without Change” by VMLY&R Melbourne received Bronze in the Integrated and Experiential categories.
- APAC Effies — VMLY&R China was awarded a Silver for “Your Pepsi Home Video” in the Data-Driven category for PepsiCo China.
- AD STARS — VMLY&R Melbourne was the third-most-awarded agency in Australia. The office’s work for Australia Post earned a crystal, silver and three bronze in a variety of Radio & Audio categories. The popular work “A Future Without Change” by VMLY&R Melbourne for Monash University won a crystal in the Not-for-profit/Charity/Government category. VMLY&R Singapore received a bronze in the Brand Experience & Activation category for “Record-breaking Fuel,” a campaign for Chevron’s Caltex.
- For the seventh year in a row, VMLY&R Uruguay was named Agency of the Year at Desachate, a festival that rewards the best of local advertising. This is considered the most important creative award in Uruguay, judged by creative directors from Uruguay and around the world.
- VMLY&R Uruguay ranked fourth in the country as a Great Place to Work for women.
- Propmark listed Y&R Brazil’s campaign “Thirty Five” as one of the top ten campaigns to feature transgender people.
- VMLY&R Colombia was ranked No. 2 on the digital agency of the year list from top pitch consultant SCOPEN. Additionally, congratulations to Catalina Sanchez Ayerbe, CEO of VMLY&R Colombia, for being recognized as the industry’s Most Valued Professional.
- Rafael Pitanguy, chief creative officer at VMLY&R Brazil, for being nominated to Caboré. This award is considered the Oscar of the communication industry in Brazil.
- VMLY&R Brazil was one of the most awarded agencies in the Festival do Clube de Criação, the most prominent award competition for creativity in Brazil. The office took home two golds, one bronze and four honorable mentions.
- VMLY&R Portugal had a busy October on the awards circuit. The office won a gold and two silvers at the Portuguese Creative Club Festival, and a bronze and silver in the M&P Magazine Creativity Awards. Click here to see a recap of the wins and several shortlists. Congratulations to the Portugal team for producing award-winning work during the pandemic.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We believe that we are better together. By bringing diverse viewpoints and experiences into our offices and our work, we become stronger. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team at VMLY&R works to create understanding and togetherness, in addition to promoting empathy through education, discussion, raising awareness, and advocacy.
The VMLY&R Foundation is a tangible expression of our agency’s core values. By facilitating and amplifying the widest range of charitable efforts — including volunteer service, pro bono work, community leadership roles and financial contributions — we’re able to have a positive impact in our immediate communities and beyond.
OUR CORE VALUES
When we came together as VMLY&R, we set out to define the principles and fundamental values that unite us and drive us forward. We identified five core values — each representing a unique point of view contributing to our mission of creating connected brands. VMLY&R embodies these values. One value is not more important than another: It’s the collective that makes them — and VMLY&R — special.