Group will work to advance CX, provide inspiring guidance and help define careers
June 1, 2020 — The 4A’s and VMLY&R have launched the 4A’s Customer Experience (CX) Council, gathering the most accomplished and influential leaders in customer experience design to help brands and agencies transition into the experience era.
“As human-centered design and CX join marketing and advertising in building great sustainable brands, it is the perfect time to create an industry body to further the understanding of the design, development, and growth of amazing CX,” said Chick Foxgrover, EVP–Creative Technology & Innovation at the 4A’s.
Recently, more than a dozen industry leaders from both the agency and client sides joined inaugural meetings of the executive board, led by Jason Gaikowski, VMLY&R executive director, customer experience, and global lead of human-centered design.
“It is clear that customer experience is an essential capability for building brands and businesses,” Gaikowski said. “The customer experience era will require a holistic re-evaluation of the functions and organization of the business enterprise. By bringing together the creative marketing and design disciplines, we can accomplish more business success and growth for our companies.”
The mission of the CX Council includes:
- Developing and publishing compelling perspectives, case studies, and practical guidance for building amazing brands and growing healthy business via CX
- Identifying and codifying principles, practices, and performance models necessary for success
- Defining pathways for talent acquisition, career development, and organizational design
Members of the 4A’s Council executive board include:
- Winston Binch, chief brand and experience officer, Gale Partners
- Christian Dodd, FordPass global product experience owner, Ford Motor Company
- Kinney Edwards, executive creative director, Tribal Worldwide
- Chris Finlay, chief growth officer, Otabo
- Rebecca Flavin, global chief experience officer, Ogilvy
- Jason Gaikowski, executive director, CX, and global lead of human-centered design, VMLY&R
- Karin Giefer, senior vice president, experience transformation and global industries lead, Publicis Sapient
- Kit Krugman, head of organization and culture design, co:collective
- Harley Manning, vice president, research director, Forrester Research
- Dave Meeker, chief innovation officer, Isobar
- Jehan Moghazy, executive director, customer experience, Havas
- Olof Schybergson, chief experience officer, Accenture Interactive
- Richard Ting, chief experience officer and U.S. chief creative officer, R/GA
In mid-June, the 4A’s CX Council will launch a monthly webinar series titled, “The CX Effect” followed by pieces of CX thought leadership. In addition, leading up to National Customer Experience Day in October, the council plans to host an afternoon of virtual panels and workshops about CX. More information to come.
Founded in 1917, the American Association of Advertising Agencies is a U.S. trade association. It serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, and its members control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.