For current news and information on Covid-19 in South Africa, visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za
We're a leading full-service agency that creates work that lives in people’s lives. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands that drive value for our clients and touch lives around the world. We use data and insights to reimagine what we thought we knew about the customer experience. We create work that brings our brands closer to consumers, consumers closer to communities, and communities closer to the wider world.
Passionately inventive and relentlessly curious, we strive to uncover the connection in all we do. From finding the relevance and authenticity to a brand and its consumers to connecting to them whenever, and wherever they are.
Explore our award-winning work to see how we unite people across platforms, experiences, cultures and purpose.
- Social Media is at our core… But we don’t use it to just sell chicken. We use it to speak up when the nation does. To comment when there’s a point of order. To defuse tension and provoke pride. We know what South Africa wants to hear… Because they ask us for it.
- Standard Bank is an advocate for gender equity in the workplace, and a champion for the UN’s HeForShe initiative. With our latest campaign, #RewriteTheRules, we posed the question, “Do the rules on how we treat each other feel wrong?” and encouraged everyone to question, understand, and debate our social norms.
- Hello is a little word with big impact. It can change the world around us. On the 11th of every month, Hollard encourages you to share a simple hello with your fellow South Africans. Our better future #StartsWithHello. Watch the story behind the manifesto.
- Merging the ancient Buddhist practice of sand mandalas and the science of Psychoneuroimmunology Cancer Dojo’s cancer mandalas’ intricate designs allow patients to fully immerse their minds and bodies into their own healing.
- A 90-year old department store brand struggling for relevance is transformed into a cultural catalyst for self-expression.
- Real-time data takes Nando’s social commentary out of home.
- Innovative service design to improve speed, efficiency and satisfaction for brokers at South Africa’s oldest insurance company.
- It’s your imperfections that make you perfect: your freckles, your gap, your multi-coloured eyes and your African hair. Edgars Beauty presents I’mPerfection.
If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R might just be the perfect place for you. You’ll find our offices are spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking, and impromptu work sessions. We encourage collaboration for new ideas and questions no one’s ever thought to ask. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver work that lives in people's lives.
We have jobs available right now. Visit our careers page or hit the Join Us button for more information
Connecting is everything to us. So, if you have a question, concern, or something else on your mind, please get in touch – we always enjoy a good conversation.
These are the current highlights of our news and thought leadership activities.
- Research has shown that brands that act effectively in a crisis become disproportionately stronger afterwards. But what does acting effectively now mean? It’s not complicated. Here are four fast facts from Matt Arnold, our Chief Engagement Officer, to help you make the right media decisions now.
- It’s been a week since we sent our people home, overnight becoming a company with 250 remote offices. Such is the culture of our business that our people have, so far, embraced their new reality with such coolness; way beyond any Covid response plan could imagine. But a response plan is vital. Vanessa Gibb, our Head of People Operations outlines how ours is playing out so far.
- VMLY&R South Africa, one of South Africa’s top-ranked advertising and brand agencies has taken 14 awards, including a gold at the 2020 IAB Bookmark Awards.
- At VMLY&R, we are currently all working remotely from home. Despite the odds, our people are all energised, creative and as passionate as ever. In this confusing time, we’re here to be your communication partner and do not wish to suspend, delay or cancel any work. Our Chief Creative Officer, Ryan McManus, outlines our current approach to brand communication
- Marketers struggle to apply analytics to the data that they have to get value from it. On paper, the more data a business collects, the more patterns and trends that business should be able to identify. However, not all data is equal. Valuable data is the data that matters for better decision-making and enhanced strategic planning. Matt Arnold, our Chief Engagement Officer, has some valuable tips for marketers to learn from the current global pandemic.
- Everyone has a side hustle. But what happens when your side hustle becomes your main hustle? Is it possible to flip the coin so that your nine-to-five becomes the thing you do in your spare time? I’ve done it, says our now part-time UX Designer, Zoe Sevits, who shares her secrets to how.