We’re looking for a special kind of creative director to join our Johannesburg team. You’ll be leading the small studio that managed to produce the work that has taken VMLY&R South Africa from a small digital agency to an integrated agency.
Our creative team is super-talented, and in need of a strong leader, who can inspire, guide, push and grow them. If you’re it, and you have a mild disdain for traditional advertising and want to create unconventional work that matters, then get in touch.
You at VMLY&R SA
- Be a highly creative as well as strategic thinker
- Build strong relationships with clients to become their most valuable strategic and creative partner
- Lead the studio, and drive the work by generating ideas, guiding creative teams, developing concepts and executing work to polished completion
- Present and sell ideas both internally and to clients
- Collaborate with client service, production and media in a constructive way that builds the work.
- Maintain high standards of creative excellence and attention to detail
- Creatively lead both large scale integrated projects as well as ongoing retainer-based work
- You should always be aware of the latest digital and technology trends
- You should have a thorough understanding of the production process and collaborating with production partners across sound, photography and film
- Collaborating well with your team and other departments is a given. You will work closely with the most senior teams and departments in VML SA, and will form part of the Johannesburg agency’s leadership team
- Minimum of four years of experience as a Creative Director
- A killer portfolio of award-winning work
- Strong copywriting for a variety of media
- An interest in and awareness of emerging trends in technology & advertising
- Ability to inspire ground-breaking, innovative and culturally relevant creative ideas
- Relevant degree/diploma
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status