Do you possess through-the-line media strategy experience? Are you keen to be part of an industry-leading, digital-first media team, at the forefront of cutting-edge work?
VML South Africa is seeking an experienced media strategist to join our Johannesburg-based team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for developing strategic approaches to both ATL and digital channels for some of our leading clients. Working within the VMLY&R Media integrated media framework with digital at the centre of every strategy.
- Driving new sales for media through existing clients and new business pitches
- Creation, development and management of effective media strategies and plans in support of the overall VML SA strategy in response to clients’ overall objectives
- Creation, development and management of effective media strategies and plans that will give our clients the competitive edge
- Working with the campaign management team to oversee the implementation of the media strategy and plan ensuring that all elements are included to maintain a smooth running of a campaign
- Effective management of campaign managers/buyers
- Oversee the day to day running of campaigns with a campaign manager where applicable
- Reporting and analyzing campaigns based on the expected KPIs and objectives
- Managing and overseeing the financial media budget ensuring
- campaigns/suppliers/media owners are delivering on time and within budget. Ensuring campaigns are reaching or exceeding clients expectations regarding performance
- Strategically managing and supporting all facets of communications internally and externally for all campaigns
- Build strong relationships with our strategists, account managers, project managers and analytics teams ensuring campaigns are integrated and holistic in our offering
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and media owners ensuring the best discount for our clients
- Attend client meetings and any other meetings that involves a media input and holistic view
- Keeping abreast of media and industry trends
- Post - matric diploma, degree, qualification in marketing communications, media - a plus
- A minimum of three years' media strategy or planning experience prerequisite
- Strong computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Client service orientation
- Own car