The Group Account Director serves as an agency Tribe leader, managing a portfolio of accounts on behalf of the agency. He or she is the most accountable strategic partner with our clients. This includes all aspects of business management, including revenue, overall business growth, team development (with a concentration on the Account Management team), development and maintenance of relationships with key accounts and senior level clients, and managing expectations with the agency senior management team.
The Group Account Director works with other functions in the Tribe to develop, craft and refine strategies to achieve client goals and execution of strategies. The successful candidate must be team oriented and possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. The Group Account Director sets the vision for all partnerships on his or her clients and ensures seamless delivery across the Account Management team.
The candidate must be prepared for a fast paced, collaborative, creative and high-performance environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- At least 8-10 years of experience, including large agency, digital agency and/or client-side experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and organizational skills
- Experience with digital marketing and/or managing the design and development of websites; traditional marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience with paid search campaigns, major online media and emerging media
- Experience in large scale project management or enterprise site building
- Experience managing employees
- Responsible for overall revenue and agency profitability for accounts
- Ability to craft creative briefs and provide clear, persuasive briefings to Creative teams and remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process
- Proven approach to cross-functional, cross-agency and partnership collaboration
- CRM/Direct experience is beneficial
- Distinct understanding of strategic process
Ability to lead and grow multiple clients