After a wild week of inspiration, learning and celebrating the best of South African creativity, Loeries Creative Week 2022 has come to an end – but the party is still going strong at VMLY&R! The agency brought home a bucketload of silverware to add to their trophy cabinet, including 2 Bronze Loeries, 3 Silver Loeries and 2 Gold Loeries. The wins were for:
- Bronze / Service Design / Changemaker / Hollard
- Bronze / Media Innovation / Anti-Hijack Ads / Vodacom
- Silver / Digital – Data Driven Campaign / Anti-Hijack Ads / Vodacom
- Silver / OOH – Transit & Air / Anti-Hijack Ads / Vodacom
- Campaign Silver / Print – Print Advertising / Secure Net Parental Control / Vodacom
- Campaign Craft Gold / Print Crafts – Art Direction / Secure Net Parental Control / Vodacom
- Craft Gold / OOH Crafts – Use of Technology / Anti-Hijack Ads / Vodacom
It’s evident that VMLY&R has come out of the pandemic stronger than ever and fired up to do their best work. These wins come hot on the heels of VMLY&R’s success at Cannes Lions earlier this year, where they tied for most points earned in South Africa, and the team is delighted to see their work hitting the mark both locally and internationally.
Jarred Cinman and Diane Wilson, Joint CEO’s say “This was a very gratifying year for us at the Loeries from two perspectives. Firstly to win as much as we did, including two coveted golds, is a real testament to the creativity and excellence of the people who made this work. But that so much of it was for Vodacom, a client we have only had for just over a year and operates in the craziest and most competitive category of all, is particularly amazing. That Tribe, which is a partnership with us, Think Creative Africa and Demographica, has knocked the ball all the way out of the park and into the next solar system. We are so grateful to our incredible clients at Vodacom as well as to the leadership and every member of this world-class team”.