VMLY & R is looking to hire a Strategist with speed, scale and complexity.
The Role in Brief:
Strategy in advertising has long been considered a well-contained department with very specific, and limited scope. With the changing needs of clients, the role of the strategist is evolving and would benefit from some redefinition.
Our Strategic Philosophy:
Slick, Smart, Sound Strategy with A Unique Point of View
Consider the role as being:
- Strategy (in the core sense of the word)
- Comms Strategy
- Channel Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Creative Strategy
- Connections Planning
- Message Matrices/Hierarchies
- Segment Strategy
- Implementation Plans
- Brand Planning
- Data driven Strategy
- Tactical Strategic Thinking
- Trend Reports, PCAs and Optimisation/Measurement framework development
You at VMLY&R:
- Bespoke Strategic approaches (being able to compile a strategic approach that cannot be answered with a traditional framework)
- A key client partner (part of the dynamic trio of Creative Leadership, Client Engagement and Strategy)
- Providing advisory services (providing strategic guidance outside of briefs, being your client’s go-to)
- Actively participating in strategic account planning (demonstrating an ability to work with CE to manage and grow work)
- Demonstrating an ability to pitch and sign off bigger strategic work
- Revenue mining (alongside CE teams)
- Contributing to operational excellence across departments (being the glue and bridge to Data, Social, Creative and Client)
- Client Portfolio Integration being able to work on clients in multiple industries
- Review point and oversight (with an ability to feedback with value across key departments)
Attitude, Ability, Activity
- A competitive attitude is a must.
- Ready to grind out results & put effectiveness first
- Demonstrate an ability to package strategy in a slick, concise, and clear way
- Must be proactive, curious, hungry and growth driven, able to hold robust conversations
- Know how to navigate challenging team members and clients.
- Build the work, and remains sound in the context of the client.
- Be able to make the role their own, add richness to their role based on their portfolio and client needs
- Evolve with the consumer, competitor, client, and business landscape.
Experience & Requirements:
- 5+ Years experience working in a strategy role, preferably in agency
- Digital certifications advantageous (Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint etc)
- Preference for candidates who have experience across the following categories:
FMCG, FSPs (financial service providers) and entertainment (broadcast & streaming)