• Social Manager with at least 3-5 years experience managing and growing brand
• Experience in using social listening tools like Brandwatch, Cardinal, and the like.
• Experience and confidence using social media platforms
• Have some experience in media units (Facebook Ads, YouTube Bumpers)
• Reporting and Analytics
• Understanding of UX advantageous
• Understanding of SEO advantageous
Personal profile and skills/responsibility requirement
• Young dynamic and on the pulse of culture.
• Preferably multi-lingual and is solidly rooted in our local Mzansi culture
• An energetic self-starter
• A big picture thinker you’ll be required to be the brand custodian and ensure the brand voice is consistent across every brand touch point as well as being the champion of cultural relevancy
• Be able to spot the gaps whether trends of tech
• A strategic thinker and a bad ass creative
• A lover for all things social media as well as the nuances of platform culture.
• Be a “social influencer” either infront of the mobile screen or behind it
• Work closely with our data team to identify opportunities and conversations that are strategically aligned.
• Team player – will need to collaborate with creative, data, Strat, UX, Tech as
• Be a confident wordsmith - our community champion will be the voice of the brand on social, adhering to tone guidelines, creating typo-free copy and
• conversations and representing the brand’s strategic positioning of financial inclusion.
• Stay up to date with digital technology trends
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• 3-5 years' social media experience
• Examples of work
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status