Effective Date: December 17, 2018
What This Policy Covers
While this policy can speak directly to data, which VMLY&R collects and uses, data collected by other parties with embedded content or services within this site are not covered by this policy. For more information about other parties on this site please see Third Parties on This Site.
VMLY&R takes very seriously the privacy of our website visitors and the security of their personal information. As detailed below, VMLY&R and our third party service providers will use information you provide us to comply with your requests or as otherwise disclosed when you submit your information. We do not supply third parties (who are not VMLY&R affiliates) with personal data for their own independent use, though we reserve the right to transfer or sell your personal information and other information to our successors in business and purchasers of site assets.
From time to time, we may refer to the information which you provide to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services. We may also use this information to contact you.
Data Volunteered by Visitors as They Use This Site
Visitors to this site may be asked to provide information about themselves in order for us to fulfill their requests. For instance, our contact us area may ask for personal information including name, email address and inquiry. This type of volunteered information will be used for the purpose for which it was supplied and may be shared with, or directly collected by, third party service providers working on our behalf to accomplish this purpose.
Personal data volunteered by visitors at this site may be shared with other VMLY&R companies and other affiliated WPP companies. All volunteered personal data will be stored for a period of time dictated by the purpose for which it was offered and protected by security commensurate to the data’s level of sensitivity.
Passive Data Collection by VML as You Visit This Site
As you request pages on this site, your browser will send standardized information, enabling our servers to supply you with the content you requested. This information will include:
- Information about your browser and computer operating system. We may see that we received a request from a “Mozilla/5.0” browser from a machine running “Linux”.
- The URL of the content you requested. We will record the specific name of all content requested from this site, e.g. www.vmlyr.com/careers.
- Search Terms. We may record both search terms that you enter as you search this site as well as search terms entered into search engines which may have lead you this site.
- IP address. When a request is made we store the IP address of the computer making the request. Though your IP address does not identify you specifically, it may provide further insights such as approximate geo location, internet service provider and/or connection speed.
- Date/Time. When a request is made for content on vmlyr.com, we record the date and time of such request.
- Referring information. Depending on how you arrived at vmlyr.com, we may see the URL of the page you were on prior to arriving at vmlyr.com.
- Cookies. Please see First Party Cookies below.
- Other information. Your browser may pass other standard “header” information to VMLY&R as part of its request for content.
Passive Data collected by this site is not used to identify visitors and used solely for site administration and optimization. This Passive Data, stored in web server logs, is stored for no longer than two years.
Session and Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies are cookies with a lifespan that extends to only a browser session. After the browser is closed, all session cookies expire and the values stored in them are lost.
- Persistent Cookies are cookies with a fixed expiration date. The data stored in the cookie will be retained by the browser until the expiration date, e.g., Sat, 03 May 2025 17:44:22 GMT, is reached.
First Party and Third Party Cookies
- First Party Cookies are cookies set by the same party (domain) that you see in the address bar. For instance, cookies set by VMLY&R while you visit the www.vmlyr.com domain are first party cookies.
- Third Party Cookies are cookies set by a different party (domain) than what you see in the address bar. For instance, advertiser cookies are often set in a third party context.
VMLY&R’s Use of First Party Cookies
Third Parties on This Site
This site may contain content, including pixels, provided by other parties. The inclusion of this content may allow other parties to collect passive data (see Passive Collection stanza above). It may also allow these parties to attempt to set or receive a cookie in a third party context (a “third party” cookie). While we do not provide data directly to these parties, if you have already established a relationship with these parties, they may recognize you, including by name, as you visit this site. Please also note that while these cookies are third parties contextually to this site, if they were initially set in a first party context, they will likely be treated as first party cookies by your browser controls.
For instance, this site may include content from webmail or video services that allow those platforms to receive cookies from content embedded in this site. If you have already established a personally identifiable information (PII) relationship with such provider, they may recognize you as you visit this site. If you provided that information in a first party context, the cookie will likely be treated by your browser as a first party cookie despite its third party context on this site. Please reference the privacy policies of these providers for information about how they use information which they collect in a third party context.
Domains which may appear on this site and which have the ability to set or receive cookies include:
Please note this list is subject to change.
We have committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized, access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure information collected on this website.
You may ask us to delete any information about you and cease further contact at any time by sending us a request marked “Privacy-Urgent,” address as follows: email@example.com.
Protecting the privacy of the young (i.e. children under the age of 13) is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13. Where a child has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian of the child contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like the information submitted by a child deleted from our records. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Our website is maintained in the United States of America. By using the website, you freely and specifically give us your consent to export your personally identifiable information to the USA and to store and use it in the USA as specified in this policy. You understand that data stored in the USA may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the USA.
This policy may change from time to time. The effective date of this policy is listed at the start of the page.
For More Information:
Please direct questions, comments or concerns to email@example.com.