For 27 years, Your Weekend — one of Poland's longest running and most-read adult magazines — reduced women to sex objects.
We wanted to transform the narrative for women everywhere and challenge the culture of sexism and gender inequality that the magazine had contributed to building.
In December 2018, when Your Weekend was up for sale, we purchased it and transformed the publication into a conversation-sparking, groundbreaking magazine that promoted diverse and progressive narratives of femininity.
We teamed up Gazeta.pl, our client and leading Polish news portal, with Mastercard and BNP Paribas, two brands with a long-term commitment to empower women, to create the magazine’s last issue.
We published The Last Ever Issue on International Women’s Day. We kept the regular sections and columns but reimagined the content around sexual education, gender portrayal, equal rights, sexism, and more.
The Last Ever Issue was the symbolic end of an era and a spectacular beginning for a much-needed national conversation.
- Organic reach of 4.5M
- 25M impressions (in a country with 38M people)
- Nationwide offline and online sales made it the best-selling issue of Your Weekend in 10 years
- All profits were donated to an NGO that provides equality education
- Grand Prix, Titanium, and three bronze at the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity
- Grand Prix at the Gerety Awards
- Graphite Impact at D&AD
- Gold at the Epica Awards
- Adweek's 2019 Media Plan of the Year
- Two gold, one silver and three bronze at the KTR Awards in Poland
- Gold at the WAN-IFRA Print Innovation Awards
- Silver at the Jay Chiat Awards
- Silver at The MIXX Awards
- Two bronze at the London International Awards
- Winner at the Athena Advertising Awards
- Dual-category award winner at the WPPed Cream Awards